Get Your KYC Read: Preparing for CLB Token Sales
KYC, which stands for “Know Your Customer,” is an online procedure that verifies an individual’s identity. For token sale purposes, KYC is an important process that ensures that sales are actually legitimate for us, Cloudbric, and that participants will have streamlined access to the contribution address.
KYC is slightly different for every company so it’s important you follow the instructions in this blog post precisely. Starting August 1, you’ll be able to go participate in our KYC through the official Cloudbric ICO homepage. Below is a rundown of what you should expect!
1. Register An Account
Registering an account is easy. To get started, all you need is a valid email address. Please confirm your email first to activate the account. You’ll then be taken to the KYC page where you can input your personal information (we will never share this information with anyone else). Please make sure to fill out all the fields.
The default page links to the individual KYC signup for individuals, but if you’re a legal entity simply click on the “For Legal Entities” tab.
*Please note, Chinese and U.S. citizens are not allowed to participate in the KYC process for Individuals.
*Legal entities from China, Singapore, or the U.S. cannot participate in the KYC process for legal entities.
During this step we will ask you for your ETH wallet address — please do NOT input an exchange wallet address. After inputting the required information, go on to the next step.
2. Attach Your Passport or Government-issued ID Photos
Two seperate images will be required for the KYC process. The requirements are the same for individuals and legal entities:
1. A scanned or photo image of a valid identification card such a passport, resident registration card, driver’s license, or any other government-issued ID. (Student IDs or other privately-issued IDs are NOT allowed.)
2. An image that shows that the identification card belongs to you, i.e photo of you holding your identification card.
You will need to provide high quality versions of both images, and it’s better if the image is uncropped and unedited. Furthermore, please make sure the following information is clearly visible:
- Passport validity
Finally, each photo must adhere to the following:
1. For your own security, other sensitive information such as your unique identification number, driving license number, passport number, etc should be concealed with tape.
2. Both images must include a handwritten note with the words “CLB Token” and today’s date. (example below for handwritten note is in Korean, please know that “CLB Token” is equally acceptable)
After attaching the two images, click the submit button at the bottom to complete the KYC registration process.
You will still need to wait to be verified before you are all set. Since the process is not automated, please allow for a minimum of 24 hours to receive a confirmation email.